9 Occasions when you should visit a Chiropractor
You may have heard that chiropractic care has many benefits. These benefits include natural relief of pain, discomfort, and difficulty walking. You receive pain relief, but it isn’t like with over-the-counter medications. Relief is a combination of instant and long-lasting.
When should you visit a chiropractor?
1. After a car accident. Many car accident victims suffer from whiplash. This is painful, but usually corrects on its own. Therapeutic massages from a chiropractor can provide temporary relief. As the natural correction occurs, a chiropractor will monitor the progression. They will make the decision to perform an adjustment or realignment if and when the time is right. Even if you aren’t diagnosed has having whiplash, there are still benefits to seeking chiropractic care after an automobile accident.
2. If participating in sports. All athletes, both old and young, can benefit from continued chiropractic care. After a sports injury, massage and adjustments are important for pain relief and to prevent later complications. All athletes should seek chiropractic care after an injury, but you don’t have to wait. Contact sports place a lot of pressure on the spine and other joints.
3. If pregnant. Many pregnant women mistakenly believe that chiropractic care is dangerous. It isn’t. In fact, there are many benefits to incorporating it into prenatal care. Lower back pain is common in the later stages of pregnancy. A chiropractor can eliminate these pains. Also, the hormonal changes a woman experiences during pregnancy can bring back the pain from prior injuries.
4. If you just gave birth. After labor, a woman’s body goes through many changes. Severe labor pains and difficult labors can lead to join or spinal pain. These are specialties treated by chiropractors. Not only should you seek chiropractic care after birth, but bring your newborn into. Chiropractic care is safe for individuals of all ages. Birth is not only difficult on the mother, but the child too.
5. If you suffer from headaches. As previously stated, individuals should see a chiropractor when experiencing pain and discomfort. This is common with a headache. Daily stress can cause headaches, but there can be a more serious underlying cause. For example, muscle contractions can cause spinal pressure. A neck adjustment or realignment can alleviate the pressure and pain.
6. If you are affected by arthritis. Many arthritis patients mistakenly believe that they will suffer for the rest of their lives. It does not have to be that way. It is possible to seek relief from chiropractic care. Over-the-counter pain relief pills and surgery aren’t your only option. A chiropractor can adjust joints to promote free movement. Therapeutic massages can treat ongoing chronic pain.
7. If your child has a medical condition that causes them pain and discomfort. When considering this, also think outside of the box. A chiropractor can help your child with lower back pains and frequent headaches, but that is not all. Chiropractic care, spinal and joint manipulation can all reduce the discomfort associated with frequent earaches, allergies, sleep disorders, and scoliosis.
8. When stress consumes your life. With the troubling economy, growing number of layoffs, and increasing number of foreclosures, all Americans have stress. There is a difference between stressing over losing your home and stressing over the little things, such as having a clean house. Those who suffer from stress severe enough to have a panic attack cannot only benefit from relaxing therapeutic massages, but adjustments too. Occasionally, an aggravated nerve route sends confusing messages to the brain.
9. If you just want to improve your health. Overtime, it is easy to develop spine and joint problems. These problems may be mild and may not even result in pain, but that may change later in life. Chiropractic care also prevents free and healthy movement. It does so with no medications or invasive procedures. If you want your body to stay healthy, active, and natural, chiropractic care is the way to go.
In short, most patients want a reason to seek chiropractic care. In fact, their insurance providers would like a reason too. Truthfully, you can seek care for any reason to increase your overall wellness.