Sciatica is mild to severe pain radiating down the course of the sciatic nerve. This is most commonly caused by nerve root compression from a spinal disk protrusion or an intraspinal tumor.
- feeling pain in one or both buttocks
- feeling pain in the posterior aspect of the leg below the knee
- Or both
May be caused by
- Back strain due to poor posture
- Mechanical Factors (muscle overuse, obesity, pregnancy)
- A protruding or ruptured spinal disc
- Fracture, infection, or tumors involving the back or pelvis
- Nerve root disorder
Treatment (depends on severity)
- Muscle relaxants
- Physical therapy
- Other chiropractic treatment techniques
If you are having sciatica pains, please contact Dr. Brian for an appointment here.
Contact Us Today!
We look forward to hearing from you.